What can you do when you have an awful cold? Cooking your own veg soup comes to the rescue! It is not only making you feel better when eating it, but it is also fun and easy to make!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20-30 minutes (depending on how crunchy you like your veg)
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 pepper
- 3 medium sized white mushrooms (or any other mushrooms)
- 3 XL cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 4-5 florets of broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium sized parsnip
- Sea salt, ground black pepper
- 1 veg stock cube
- Chillies (fresh or dried)
Preparation and cooking
- Wash and peel your veg
- Chop up the carrots, mushrooms, parsnips and broccoli into nice (but not too small) chunks
- Dice up half of the onion and cook it on olive oil until it gets nice and see through. Add some salt to the oil, so that the onion won’t burn. Leave the other half of the onion intact
- Once the onion is ready put your veg into the pan and add some water to the mix, turn up the heat to a bit above medium and cover it up with a lid.
- Once it is all boiling, add some more salt, ground black pepper and the veg stock cube
- Add chillies
- Cook it until the carrots are medium soft (still nicely crunchy but not too hard)
Enjoy and get well soon!